CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 12, 2007

We have reached a milestone...

The Wigge family has finally reached a milestone! We no longer have medicaid to cover Wil's medical expenses. I am filled with much fear and and even greater joy! It's funny to feel both of those feelings together. I am just thrilled to not be under the burden of making a set income and to never have to fill out all of the paperwork that having medicaid entails. A huge burden has been lifted and I know that a new door for our family is opening. The last seven years we have lived under medicaids thumb, and we are now finally free! I have appreciated the coverage that we have had. We definitely needed it during this time, but now we are able to move on. The major drawback now is that we will have to pay for diapers again. It will be several more years before the necessary surgeries are done on Wil before they are not needed. We can live with that though. Bryan's insurance coverage is going to be just great for Wil. We will have some out of pocket expenses but we are no longer held under the dictatorship of medicaid.



Yesterday Wil turned seven! Wow! Seven years ago we didn't know what the outcome was going to be with Wil. Seven years ago.... seems like forever! Our family was forced to seperate, Saige was going through a rough time, my marriage was falling apart, and we thought that our little bably Wil might not make it a week let alone seven years. Check out my other blog, perfect wil, and you will know exactly what was going on in our family seven years ago. I am so greatful and so blessed that the Lord has provided for us. He has kept our family together, healed Saiges wounds, and has given our baby Wil life. Our family and the struggles that we have endured is the best testament that I could ever give about my Saviors love. He has lifted us when we were down and comforted us in our sorrows. He has been our rock, our refuge, our source of peace, and he has restored so many things for us. Our family gives God all the glory for what has transpired in our home. We are eternally thankful.



As I was saying, yesterday was Wil's birthday. After dinner Bryan and I took him out on his 'birthday date'. We took him to Toys R Us to spend his money and gift cards, then to Build a Bear, where he made a batman monkey, named 'Ron the Monk Bat Wigge'. Anyone who has children who watch Kim Possible might have seen the episode when Ron Stoppible became a monkey... or something like that, anyway that is who the monkey is named after. After that we went to see the movie, Happily N'Ever After. It was cute. Wil kept saying that it was the best day of his life. When we got home we had our cake and icecream and Wil went immediately to the PS2 to play some of his new games that he bought at Toys R Us. We had a lot of fun! I just love taking the children out (individually) for their birthdays. Just mom, dad, and the birthday boy! They know that it is their special day! It was one of the best decisions that Bryan and I have made. The kids love it and they don't get jealous of the birthday boy because they know that the same attention will be on them when their birthday comes. Bryan and I actually are the spoiled ones, we get to go out and have at least three dates a year! lol Yesterday was great!





Happy Birthday Wil!


3 comments:

Brandee said...

I think it's so great that you take each boy out! Thanks for sharing and for making me tear up!! LOL

Mandy said...

Congrads. We had medicad they make you jump through hoops. I think taking each one out by themselves is a great idea. I loved you testimony.

Jen said...

I always said you sure named him correctly. What an awesome little guy. Looking back, remembering your pregnancy, then fast-forward to now.... WOW, that's just all I can say, WOW!

Happy Birthday Wil!