CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 20, 2007

Freedom....

FREEDOM!!!! This is the first time ever that all three of my children have been full time at school. I love it! My husband and I went out to breakfast this morning and we didn't have to rush back home to pick up a preschooler. They grow so fast. This is also the only time that all three of my children will be at the same school at the same time. Asher started kindergarten, Wil is in the second grade, and Saige is in his last year at Elementary - fifth grade. This morning Asher was so excited that he was running into the school and with the rain the ground and floors were wet and he biffed it. Poor kid! Of course that didn't stop him, Bryan couldn't find him after they entered the school and someone said that he ran to his class. He's ready to go! I remember the days that I loved going to school, that ended quickly, I think by middle school, I hope my kids always love school. Saige is following in my footsteps though, this morning he was depressed about going and then added with a sigh, "Yeah, and if I go to college I still have another eleven years until I'm done." Of course my response was, "What do you mean if?"

Last week Bryan's brother Scott and his family (Tara & Eli) were here visiting us from Georgia. By February he should be out of the army and they are going to be moving here to live. I can't wait, Bryan & Scott are the best of friends and I've never seen either one of them ever connect to someone else like they do. I hope my boys grow to have a brother bond like that. Scott's wife, Tara, and I get along great, she is such a sweetheart! It's weird because there are quite of few similarities between our personalities, but still quite a few differences to keep us individuals. I can't tell you how many times last week I was called Tara and Tara called Sara. Our husbands were the worst!!! Their son Eli is 15 months and boy is he a cutie! He loves his Uncle Bryan, he's always going to him. We were in Georgia a few weeks ago and Eli still remembered him. It will be great though when they move here, we're so excited.
Iwont' say when I'll post again....it always gets me into trouble!!!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

I have two more years until Miranda goes to kindergarten. Our schools still only have half days for kindergarten. Coleman will be in his first year of middle school by then. Coleman is in forth and he still loves going to school. I'm not ready for that to be over. I'm glad to hear that your family will be living so much closer.

Beth said...

A well deserved break for you Sara!! And that's exciting about Bryan's brother moving closer. I was so glad when my brother moved to Fort Wayne last October. We see them at least once a week now. So good for you!!

Brandee said...

Hey it's good to hear from you! I still have this year left before both of my kids are in school together full day. Ty starts preschool on the 10th.

It's so neat to hear that Bryan's family is moving here. We always have such a great time with Spencer's brother when he is here from NY. I don't think he's planning on coming back any time soon. Actually I don't blame them, it's beautiful were they live.

Lisa Boyer said...

-Freedom? What's that!?! Guess I shouldn't complain I chose to homeschool. -Breakfast with just your husband? What's that!?! (no really...WHAT'S THAT?) You sure have given this momma of 5 something to look forward to! Anyhow, Sara you definitely deserve a break being married to Bryan! (yes I know he'll pound on me for that) That's AWESOME! (the freedom not the pounding)

Glad to hear Scott and family will be moving to good ol' Fort Wayne! (I have the urg to make a, well deserved, wise crack about Scott here but nothing comes to mind. Besides it's been forever since He and Bryan have BOTH pounded on me!)
Me and my family can't wait to meet Tara and little Eli!

Jen said...

You're back! Hooray! I was beginning to think you'd fallen off the planet. LOL. Isn't it nice to have a quiet house? When the kids started back to school the first day I just paced around the house wondering what to do with myself, but truly enjoyed the peace and quiet.

Glad to hear Scott's moving back. I honestly don't think I've had the opportunity to meet Tara yet, but if she's like you.... I'm not so sure I want to...LOL. ~hugs~