CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 15, 2006

And I wonder why I'm fat....

Dont' you just love Mother's Day? I do!! My mother's day started Saturday night. I had to leave the house for a couple of hours and when I came home Saige answered the door in a suit and tie! Wil was wheeling around in black dress pants and a white dress shirt, as was Asher and Bryan. Candle lighting was the only lighting throughout my house. The table was set and Saige pulled out my chair. My men were so gorgeous!!!! They smelled good too because as Asher said, " We took bafs, mom!" while he was kicking the table and tapping his fork on his plate.
Bryan picked up 'white ziti forno' (sp?) at Biaggi's, which is my favorite. It has ham, chicken, and shrimp in it. Mmmmmm!!! He made an spiced olive oil mixture, poured some on a serving plate and sprinkled parmesan cheese over it for me to dip my bread into. They do this at Biaggi's too!
Saige came over to me holding a bottle of wine, showed me the label and asked,"Excuse me ma'm would you like to have some wine?" ,I was trying so hard not to laugh. They were sooooo cute! Wil served the salad and then Bryan brought the main course over. Bryan gave a 'toast' and we ate! For desert Bryan and the kids made a fudge, brownie, vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup creation. It was suppose to be like a frozen cake but it didn't work out to well, but it tasted great. Wil served the deserts 'wheeling' back in forth. He was so proud of himself. Asher tried to sneak out of the kitchen (as usual) by crawling under the table and on the floor. I busted him and made him eat his food. (Bryan made the kids ramen noodles, they didn't like our food)
I was so proud of my sons, and they were so proud of themselves!! The look on their faces everytime I told them they were so handsome and so polite was priceless. Daddy did very well!! He gets an A+.

Sunday we went to my parents and Bryan, my brother, and father cooked for my mom, Bryan's mom, my sister in law, and me. The started out with breadsticks and either cheese or alfredo dip. My dad made a tortilini sp? soup, and they made homemade chicken fettuccini alfredo and garlice bread, followed with fruit (strawberries, melons, and bananas) that could be dipped in fruit spread or melted chocolate. With this meal we also had wine. It was delicious!!

I have done nothing but eat this entire weekend and I know that I've gained another 5 pounds. Though I'm extremely appreciative of the hard work and talent of the men in my family, I wonder if next year we could possibly do something slightly different or at least something with out that many calories!! LOL
Any time my immediate family, birth family, or married family celebrate any occasion there has to be a large dinner involved. Either we get together and cook or we seem to go to buffet's. Are we the only family that seems to communicate, celebrate, or be together over food, or are there more out there like us? If you are like my family, are you thin? If you are thin, PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEE tell me how you do it??
Oh well, at least I'm happy!!! (of course I'd be happier thinner) LOL

3 comments:

Jen said...

That is sooooooooooo sweet! You are a very blessed woman.

Brandee said...

That is beyond sweet! I can tell that you had a wonderful day! Or weekend I should say. You have such a neat family. I can tell you that the big dinner thing is not exclusive to your family! My family does the SAME thing!!! It's sooo good but sooo bad! LOL! And my dad always tries to send leftovers home with me!! I don't have any tips on staying thin through it all! I'm waiting on some tips for that myself!

sara said...

If I find any I'll let you know!LOL I hate buffet's too!! I feel like they are feeding troughs for people and you don't see too many skinny people eating at them!LOL I do love Chinese buffets though,sesame seed chicken, fried rice, egg drop soup, mmmmmm. My mom does the same thing with leftovers, pack it up and take it.