CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Happy Belated Memorial Weekend...

Hope everyone had a great Memorial Weekend. The weather was beautiful! (unless you were working outside, then it was just plum too hot!) Monday we worked at my parent's doing yard work and we were so hot and now all of us are so sunburned. Saturday we took the kids to see X-men 3, it was really good. Then we celebrated two belated birthdays, Saige and my nephew Mason. Mason's birthday was on Mother's Day and Saiges the 19th. After that we stayed at my parents visited with each other and visited with my cousin's and then watched the UFC fight on paperview. It was a fun day. Sunday after church, I didn't go because Wil still has the chicken pox, we laid around until 5:00 then picked up some Taco Bell took the kids back to the pond and had a picnic then we floated around on a raft and Saige fished some. It was a real relaxing, peaceful time, I really enjoyed it.

Of course Bryan had to mess with the kids, as usual, he is the biggest kid. Saige has saved $180.00 towards one of those mini motorcycles. Right now he's on a kick that any amount of money he can come in contact with is GREAT. While Saige was fishing he caught a bass and came over to Bryan and I to show it off. Bryan looks at Saige with that mischevious smile that he has and says, "If you lick it I'll give you a dollar!" What a moron he knows that Saige is a nine year old boy and he is trying to get money. Hello . . .that combination is sooo dangerous. To me it was a no brainer, Saige is going to lick the fish. Mother's are always right. Saige stuck out his tongue and licked the whole side of the fish, smiled smugly, held out his hand and said, "Give me my dollar!" Bryan was rolling! He actually said, "That is so gross Saige, I can't believe you did that!" My husband turned into a ten year old at that moment and then proceded to look at me so innocently telling me that he was just joking and couldn't believe that Saige took him seriously. Saige should know better than to lick a fish. Then he'd laugh and say that Saige probably killed the fish and it'd be belly up within the next day. I thought to myself 'who is this man?' and then remembered he is the man of my dreams, my husband, my knight in shining armor, and the only person in the world who has ever made me Laugh-often. I love to laugh and having a husband like mine I get to do it everyday. He cracks me up! I love him! Though I'm not too fond of my children licking fish! LOL

2 comments:

Jen said...

That's too funny. At least you can relax, I doubt Saige caught anything from the fish. Josh has eaten a worm for cash and lived....lol. Child or not, it's great to be with someone who makes you laugh. I don't think an entire day has gone by that Paul hasn't made me crack up. And sadly it is usually chilish. But still funny! :P

Brandee said...

Girls,Girls.....ahhh I'm so glad to know it's not just my husband! LOL!!!! Sara it's so funny, it's like you're describing my life too! I often find myself asking that same question! Thank God for his blessing of constant shock and laughter in giving the husband!