CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Mud pies are back........




It's so much fun to be young! Saige was suppose to playing football with some of our neighborhood kids. Bryan found them playing in a mud puddle instead. They had a lot of fun. Do you notice the youngest one is the cleanest? I'm not quite sure why he's the cleanest. He either didn't like to be muddy or afraid of what his mom might say. ha ! ha! ha ! I have pictures somewhere of him doing the same thing with the same neighbor boy about 5 years ago.Actually, come to think of it, my brother and I did the same thing when we were teenagers. Dad wanted us to till up the garden or get it ready to plant, we had a hose, it was a fun disater! Every once in awhile we should play in the mud. Why not, it's fun! This is something that I will have to put on my 'summer to do' list.

Speaking of my 'summer to do list' have any of you ever made one? You should and if your kids are old enough have them help you. I came up with some things that Bryan & I can do together and also a list with my kids. A couple examples are: 1) visit every park in our city 2)go to the library once a week 3) go to franke park and feed the ducks once a week 4) go camping 5) play in the mud
6)stay up all night and count shooting stars ect. ect. I'm sure you get the point. We try to come up with fairly inexpensive things to do which can be quite a challenge. I do encourage you to make a list though and if you feel like it - play in the mud!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I bet Saige had a great time! I remember playing in the mud with my brothers all the time as a child. What I remember most about that when we were done, Mom would hose us off in the driveway and that water was always soooooo cold.

The camping is on our "to do" list also. Maybe we can all go together? Last year Lisa, Gary and their kids went with Paul, me and our kids to Chain O' Lakes. It was so much fun! The kids keep each other busy so the "adults" (I use the term adults lightly...lol) can relax.

sara said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. Bryan works every other weekend so we should plan it soon, our schedule fills up in the summer. Would June, July, or August be better for you guys?

Brandee said...

That's a great idea (the list). I like that alot, thanks for passing it along! :)